The YAC is a group of engaged, motivated high school or college students that serves as an advisory board to the office of Senator Melissa Melendez. The YAC identifies youth related problems and participates in volunteer activities throughout the 28th Senate District. Council members convey their concerns and provide recommendations to Senator Melendez and her staff about the quality of life from the perspective of youth in the 28th Senate District.
Activities of this council will include:
- Attending city council meetings
- Attending supervisorial meetings
- Assist with activities and programs put on by the district office
- Learn about the process of a state senate office through assisting in various office tasks and duties
- Discuss and engage in policy areas relevant to youth as well as areas of individual interest
- Learn about the importance of community engagements through attending community events when applicable
Thank you for your interest in Senator Melissa Melendez’s Youth Advisory Council (YAC).
Want to learn more about the Senate Fellowship Program?